Re: [NTLK] All the wrong connections...

From: Greg Spencer (gspencer_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 14:13:28 EDT

> there is a cheap miniDin
>> 8 to db9 converter I can get somewhere?

I too looked everywhere for one of these, although it was for hooking up a
Pocket Reader. I wasn't able to find one in any store but it can be ordered
directly from the Pocket Reader folks. The instructions I got for ordering
were:

"the MAC cable is available for purchase by sending $15.00 USD check or
money orderto: Pocket Reader, LLC, 24 East Avenue #233, New Canaan, CT
06840
(add $.90 sales tax for shipments to Connecticut). Enclose note with
shipping address and type of cable (MAC) with the check. Cable will be
mailed via US mail."

Turns out this same type of adapter is also used on a Nikon Coolpix 950
(which works with Tibet) - that's available through Nikon parts in Toronto -
it cost $29.25CAD plus tax.

Neither are particularly cheap but good luck finding one in any store!

Greg