Re: [NTLK] Seldon a decision analysis tool

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 13:21:45 EDT

Claes,

> Have anyone on the list used DecisionLab?

I have had it for quite a while and it's quite interesting but I'm not sure
that it gives the sort of clarification to your thinking that it might.

As with all these systems, the weighting that you give to each of the
components of your problem really makes the decision for you. It would be
nice to surprise yourself with a conclusion from the program that ran
counter to your gut feel but it pretty much always just confirms it.

It's a good program though and has some well designed features. If I could
be more objective about my weightings it might be more effective! At least
it makes you think about the problem carefully and set down the pertinent
issues.

Because you can go back and look at the document at some later time, it
helps to remind you exactly what you were thinking initially and this has
value too.

Joel.