Re: [NTLK] Touchscreen upgrade and jaggies

From: cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 13:12:10 EDT

The "upgrade" part of this question involves altering the Newton to make the
LCD/Touchscreen more transparent and easier for someone to read information
that's displayed on the Newton screen.

What we've done is introduce a less "cloudy" touchscreen, and a nice,
even-illumination, white EL backlight.

At the moment it is the only kit with a touchscreen replacement, and the only
kit that's got a white backlight designed and manufactured to fit the MP2x00.
Each component if functionally equivalent to the Apple original, and they draw
the same amount of current as the originals.