[NTLK] iPhone

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 19:19:14 EDT

 From the NYTimes article: "Mr. Jobs continues to be coy. He insists that
he still dislikes the idea of the conventional personal digital
assistant, saying that the devices are too hard to use and offer little
real utility. But a telephone with personal digital assistant features
is another matter"

   He's write. "Conventional personal digital assitants" are too hard to
use and don't offer any real utility. But I don't know if a telephone
is going to be it. It sounds interesting in concept, but the main thing
about cell phones these days is that they're *small*. Im my mind, small
doesn't really work in a PDA - not if you want to do anything with it
like you can with the Newton. (Unless Apple has a holographic
projection system up it's collective sleeve - like that one that 26th
century guy on the episode of "Enterprise" did.. <futurist>Anybody here
know how to make laser beams bounce off each other?</>)

Jim