Re: [NTLK] Battery consumption

From: RADAR9999_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 01:23:15 EDT

I had a problem like that with my newton 130. It would drain a fresh new set
of premium alkali batteries in 3-4 days with NO Usage. I have it figured that
the backlight was failing. I could here a variable-tone whine from the back
side consistant with when I was actually using the backlight. I figure that
since the light was going the transformer must have gotten itself stuck in
the ON position.(this unit has been dropped--more than once)

Now a year later after I last used it I had an occasion to reactivate it,
putting niMH's in it just to see how long they'll last. 7 Days so far, and
the batteries are still 1/2 or better. Try backing up data and apps. & pull
batteries. Probably want to keep them pulled for a time to make sure there is
no residual left in a capacitor or something. If you have a memory support
battery pull that too. Try putting humpty back together again after a few
hours and test it. Good Luck.

" The Smart Man learns from his mistakes... The Wise Man learns from other
people's mistakes". unknown

Be Wise

Ed Johnson