[NTLK] Stuck PCMCIA button on 21k

From: jrackley (jrackley_at_electronicbingo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 23:13:30 EDT

Hiya all,

I've got a 2100 that came with one of the PCMCIA card buttons (the ones that
pop out and release a PCMCIA card) broken off. Now, the person who sold it
to me said you should be able to pop the card out with a screw driver, but I
for the life of me have not been able to.

What I want to be able to do is swap out my modem and networking card
depending on where I am (home or office). Then I want to have a more or less
permanant home for my Linear Flash card. However, currently my networking
card is stuck in the unit, and I can't get it out :P. (I would pop out my
flash in case of a hard reset, but I don't do those all too often).

So, is there some kind of trick to getting that card to release? I've tried
needle nose pliers on the card, but I only managed to scuff it up. It wasn't
going to budge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Eagan Rackley