Re: [NTLK] returning user ... some starting questions

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 04:44:38 EDT

James,

> My purchased Newton does not have a serial adapter, but I figured I
> would be able to use IrDa to at least get the wireless drivers on it (I
> have an unused Lucent card from a dead airport), and then I'd be all
> set. Unfortunately I'm unable to get an IR connection to work.

IrDa is actually not supported on the Newt.

You can obtain serial adaptor dongles on eBay or add a MiniDIN serial port
to your machine with a card called the SER001 by David Humphreys:

<http://www.members.tripod.com/mrpcbman/>

Alternatively you could get an Ethernet card for your Newt - see the Newton
FAQ at <http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/>

Joel.