Re: [NTLK] Final word on D-Link 650?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 14:27:31 EST

On 02/12/02 14:20, "Michael Robb" <michaelrobb_at_ohnodesign.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've read the archives, some say the D-Link 650 card works while other say
> it doesn't. I've checked out Hiroshi Noguchi's site which states not to use
> the card because of the voltage although someone stated in a post that the
> card is dual voltage.
>
> So is there a definitive answer our there? A friend of mine has a card for
> an appetizing price but I just don't want to bite into anything that would
> fry the card or the Newton or is hard to keep stable.

From what I've read, it seems that the early versions of the card did work,
but the latest revisions didn't.

-Laurent.

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.