Re: [NTLK] Learn to Type program, MIA?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 13:33:37 EST

on 12/5/02 12:00 PM, Joseph Solin at jsolin_at_interserv.com wrote:
> I'm looking for a program called Learn to Type by Sunburst Communications. The
> company appears to be gone and I can't find the program anywhere.
    It was actually called Type to Learn.
> Does anyone have a copy and do you know if it will work on a 2100 with an
> external keyboard?
    I don't have a copy and the only references I've seen to it referred to
eMates. It was brought out when the eMate was introduced and was designed to
be sold to schools. There was quite a bit of eMate software that went only
to the education market and wasn't offered to the general public. I checked
the Wayback Machine for Sunburst and the pages cached there only refer to
the Mac and PC versions of Type to Learn.

    Description of the eMate version from the eMate Solutions Guide (August
1997):
    "Teaches your students to use the keyboard successfully while
reinforcing spelling, grammar, composition, and punctuation skills. Flexible
teacher options and two vocabulary levels make this program appropriate for
students in grades K-12. Fun games reinforce skills, and progress reports
and charts make it easy to see improvement. For K-12 students and teachers."

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html