Re: [NTLK] Linksys WPC11

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 17:06:50 EST

On 06/12/02 16:25, "Hans Derycke" <hans_at_derycke.com> wrote:

> I've got a Linksys WPC11 card, and according to
> http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm rev 1 would work on the
> newt, but later revs don't. How can I tell which rev I have? There's no
> indication whatsoever on my card, nor on the box.
>
> If I insert the card, my Newt says 'There is a problem with this card
> (Netwon cannot recognize this type of card.)' Does that mean it's rev 2
> or later?

Paul Guyot did build a tool that provides information about any inserted
card. The problem is that I can't find it anymore on my Newton or my Mac!
Using this utility would create a new note in the Notepad with all kind of
information, including the string that drivers are using to identify
inserted cards.

Sorry, you might find that utility on UNNA. In any case, if your Newton
reports that it cannot recognize the card, there isn't much you can do about
it, except contacting the author of the wireless driver and ask him to
support your card.

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been
badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or
misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS
2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice
of / as an option character in 1.0."