Re: [NTLK] Linksys WPC11

From: Hans Derycke (hans_at_derycke.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 18:44:33 EST

On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 03:06 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Paul Guyot did build a tool that provides information about any
> inserted
> card. The problem is that I can't find it anymore on my Newton or my
> Mac!
> Using this utility would create a new note in the Notepad with all
> kind of
> information, including the string that drivers are using to identify
> inserted cards.

That wouldn't be GetCardInfo wouldn't it? Here's what it says about my
WPC11:
Card in slot 1
Manufacturer: Instant Wireless
Product: Network PC CARD
V1String3: Version 01.02
V1String4:
V2Vendor:
V2Info:

> Sorry, you might find that utility on UNNA. In any case, if your Newton
> reports that it cannot recognize the card, there isn't much you can do
> about
> it, except contacting the author of the wireless driver and ask him to
> support your card.

Yabbut... rev 1 of my card should work, revs 2 and up don't... Now does
it not work because I have a rev 2 or later, or because I'm still
missing some setup? That's what I'd like to determine before I go
shopping for a second wireless card.

Thanks.

--
Hansje, Pansje, & de Pingelingen