[NTLK] Hey all

From: Jim Trascapoulos (jtrascap_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 18:38:54 EST

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a few weeks now and I just wanted to say "hello"
and "is there anyone in Holland, Belgium or Germany willing to sell me
their 2100?".

:)

Seriously, I'm an old Newton user from back in Denver (hi Steve!) - I
had a 130, 2000 which I then upgraded to a "2100" by Apple. It was a
great beastie until bad things happened to it (a rather comical event
involving bus - I still don't wanna talk about it...) and I've been on
a Palm since 1998.

But then a month back I went to a friend's house in Amsterdam and she
had an old eMate, and it sent my memory scurrying. So now I'm looking
to see if I can get back into a Newt 2100 (not an upgraded unit - I
recall the heap issues) under OS X. If there's anyone in the Benelux
region or even the UK who has one in good condition for sale, please
let me know. I'd preferably like to avoid shipping it since the taxes
here are ridiculous!

I run on a iBook now with AirPort, so I could use it as a basestation
to a wireless connection, but I'm unclear still on whether OS X can
support a Newton. I've lost the 9.2 partition on the Book alreayd, adn
I didn't want to have to add it back just to sync a Newton or upload
packages - is wireless a viable alternative these days?

Lotsa questions, tanks for your patience...

- Jim

###

James Trascapoulos jDOTtrascapoulosATchelloDOTnl
                                                        jtrascapATmacDOTcom

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is
obligated to so."
- Thomas Jefferson

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html