[NTLK] Keyboard improvement experiment

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 10:18:26 EST

Hi gang,

I just tried an experiment with my Newton keyboard to get it to be more quiet and not feel so stiff. I tried spraying some Radio Shack contact cleaner into the keys. Then I let it drip/dry upside-down for a few hours to get the excess of. I wiped the keys down with a cloth as it was "dripping".

Now about 6 hours later I am trying it out and it definitely feels better and I think is not as noisy. The keys have quite a bit better response and don't require as much presure to type on as before.

I don't know if it will last or not but so far it seem like a definite improvement.

If there are any fture developments I will report to the list.

Regards,

-Jeremy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html