Re: [NTLK] TabletPC

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 22:19:26 EST

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Glen Warner wrote:

> Jeff --! Dude --! You left us hanging. What happend? Did you get to
> do all the cool stuff described above? Did Big Bill get upset? Did you
> spend a month or two in jail ...? Inquiring minds (blah blah blah)!

I actually decided not to go based on others' reviews here on the list (as
well as various web review). The real stinker that held me back was the
poor capabilities of XP's stylus use and HWR. Some of the hardware
designs sound pretty slick, but fine linens wrapped around a beast of an
OS aren't enough to make me miss work and let more things pile up.

Visually, I feel that Compaq's TabletPC design looks the most appealing,
but I haven't matched specs since I was first considering attending the
conference. http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/tabletpc/tc1000.html

> Where's those pictures ...?

"Where's the beef?"

-Jeff