Re: [NTLK] Hello, I'm your new.. um, Newbie... (aka 3 questions)

From: NewtonTalk (newtontalk_at_jonandnic.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 22:01:18 EST

>> Newton --> dongle-thingamabob --> PC cable --> USB Keyspan PDA
adapter=20
--> PowerMac G4
or is it only:
Newton --> PC Cable -- USB Keyspan PDA adapter --> PowerMac

That depends, you can find a PC to Newt cable that has the dongle built
in, meaning it was made specifically for the Newt 2x00 series (since the
1x0 didn't have a dongle), or more likely you can find a serial cable
(Mac Serial on both ends) to which you can add a dongle to make it work
on a 2x00 series.
Ask before you buy to avoid disappointment.

>> 3) Can a G4 with an Airport card serve as a Base station for a
Newton=20
with an 802.11 card in it?

Yes, software base station. Or you can use a WAP (my preferred
solution).

Jw

---
visit us online at www.jonandnic.com