Re: [NTLK] NewtSync - Consider purchasing today...

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 22:39:19 EST

On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 07:45 PM, Sushi wrote:

> To the rest of the Newtontalk list members, I have this to say. While
> all this talk about a fund is good, here is a chance to walk the talk.
> If think that NewtSync is a good and useful application that you would
> like to have, then consider supporting John and it's development and
> ante
> up today!

While I understand the sentiment expressed here, I don't think it's
realistic to expect folks to buy an app just to support the Newton
community. If it's something you can use, then yes, you should buy it.
But not everyone can use every one of these great apps. Like for
myself, I have no use at all for NewtSync. It sounds like a great app
for those who have a use for it, but I don't. OTOH, I will likely buy
the ATA support driver because I know that the time will come when I
will want to store books, games, etc. that won't all fit in my 2100's
internal store. And if I ever find a great deal on a wireless router, I
will likely buy Hiroshi's driver for the wireless card.
Personally, I think the idea of a fund is a great idea simply for the
reason that we could support all developers equally, even if the
current piece of software they are developing is not something we may
need.
Just my .02
John

"Got Newt!"