[NTLK] OT: SonyEricsson P800

From: Camillus Guhl (cam+newtontalk_at_spamcop.net)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 07:55:06 EST

I just could get my hands on a www.sonyericsson.com/p800 device. As long-time
newton user - that's why I post this OT-message - it is one of the first
devices that really impresses me (palm, pocketpc and the orange spv did not):
The Symbian OS on the P800 is very intuitive to use, pen-optimized and rocks
even on this pre-commercial unit. HWR is similar to a palm (gestures) but the
whole touchscreen is active for hwr-input, not just a small area.

It's not a newton replacement, but an up-to-date, small, lightweight
communication device, very impressive with the integrated camera, MP3player and
hwr recognition and so on...might be that this little beast will become the
little sister of my two 2100's. A yeah, ordinary voice calls are still possible
with this device! ;-)

The newton is still unbeatable regarding its operating system and the form
factor / huge display to write on.

Regards
Cam

http://www.newtonsearch.net/