Re: [NTLK] Connecting with linux via serial - help?

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sat Dec 14 2002 - 20:30:53 EST

* Rhonda Hyslop <0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net> [14 Dec 2002 16:48]:
> It may be related, it may not, but I was installing Basilisk II on the
> same computer, and after I got the permissions on ttyS0 sorted out it
> seemed to be listening (on the modem port, which I mapped to ttyS0) and
> told me to connect from the newton. However, when I tried to start
> "dock" on the newton's end and connect via serial, it eventually timed
> out and claimed that nobody was listening on the computer's end. All
> the searches I've done for information on Basilisk II and its serial
> port just tell me that it does a good job of emulating serial ports.
> I'm using the MacOS 7.5.5 image with NCU from UNNA.

One more piece of information - when I try to quit NCU, basilisk
freezes and I have to kill it from the shell, and put up with the "You
didn't shut me down properly!" complaints from the mac os. It also
froze when I unchecked the "modem" box in NCU's connection setup and
clicked "OK".

I'm starting to think basilisk really doesn't like using (or maybe just
releasing) ttyS0 for some reason...

-Rhonda

--
www.write-on.indy || write-on.homeip.net \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project