Re: [NTLK] ATTENTION. Please read this.

From: NewtonGuy (newton2100_at_alltel.net)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 03:46:44 EST

        I have an idea, Why can't newton talk be set up in such a way that if
you want to view it on the web as a forum you can, and if you want to
receive the messages in e-mail you can. For example, if a message is
posted to the list it is posted automatically to the forum under a
topic identical to the email subject.

        Likewise, if their is a posting to the forum a message is sent to the
mailing list with a subject identical to the topic. This way every one
is happy, and they still congregate in the same community.

        I for one need to leave home some times. if I leave for two days I can
look forward to 1000 or more e-mails just from newton talk. I have
considered dropping the list but I subscribed so I could get a heads up
on new software or software I have not heard of since I am new.

        I am in the military and I may be leaving for duty for an extended
period of time in which I will not be able to check my e-mail. My ISP
only allows so many e-mails on the server before they start to reject
new ones. I will therefore have to drop the list at that time.

        It is a shame too because I have learned allot about the newton from
this list.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html