[NTLK] Email issues

From: Robert JA Basilio Jr. (boojie_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 11:45:39 EST

Hi Guys =8B=20

I use Simple Mail to send and receive email from my Newton. However, for
some reason, I can't receive any mail. There's a SimpleMail server error
which says "-ERR invalid command." Now what could this be?

I've already restored packages, I've already restarted, I've already
reconfigured my pop and smtp settings through SimpleMail but I still can't
receive any mail.=20

I've also looked through chuma.org for an explanation of this error command
but no such record was found.

Is there a piece of software (an extension, perhaps) that I may have
deleted?=20

Robert=20

=8B=8B=8B=8B=8B=8B=8B
Being gloomy is easier than being cheerful. Anybody can say "I've got
cancer" and get a rise out of a crowd. But how many of us can do five
minutes of good stand-up comedy?
And worrying is less work than doing something to fix the worry. This is
especially true if we're careful to pick the biggest possible problems to
worry about. Everybody wants to save the earth; nobody wants to help Mom do
the dishes.
=8B P. J. O'Rourke, All the Trouble in the World=20

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html