[NTLK] emate power problems

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 00:45:01 EST

Hi all-- havent been particiapting in the list for a few months now,
but I'm back, and I have some problems. Would appreciate any advice.

Emate #1
works fine off A/C. Wil not charge battery pack. I have 2. It used to
charge one, now it just reports them both as deep toast. Ok. So I
went ahead and rebuilt one pack. I made it a bit of a mess, but
figured it woould work fine. Well, it doesnt. The emate starts its
initial charge, and then after some time, reports it as deep toast.

The question: can this be the emate that is the problem and not the
battery at all? And any advice on fixing it?

Emate #2
will not work off A/C or battery. Does not lite the charging light
when plugged in. Any suggestions on how I might attempt a fix?

Would really like to able to use one of these units away from an
outlet. Thanks for any help!

~Alex

--
-------