Re: [NTLK] Letter Shapes in HWR Prefs

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 16:53:17 EST

They really look identical but the recognition performance of the Newton is
much much better - at least for portuguese users :)

I'm currently translating to portuguese the user manual for a phone+winCE
device and have been dealing with Transcriber for a while. In my tests it
was almost unable to translate portuguese or accented words in a usable way
and I did not find any portuguese dictionary plug-in for it.

With the Newton + alt.rec + Brazilian dictionary and using printing writing
I'm currently with 80~90% of effective recognition - I'm always slower in
writing than my green friend is in recogniting what I've written.

--lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html