[NTLK] Letter Shapes in HWR Prefs

From: Chris Ruprecht (chris_at_ruprecht.org)
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 15:08:02 EST

Hi all,

I borrowed an iPaq (3850) from a colleague today and went ahead to play a=
round=20
with it a little. The iPaq is running PocketPC 2002 Premium. I changed th=
e=20
input method to "Transcriber" which gives you HWR. One of the bottom icon=
s=20
lets you select 'Letter shapes'. When tapped, a 'Letter Shapes' applicati=
on=20
comes up. I though "This looks familiar" and went to HWR Prefs on the New=
ton.=20
If you select 'Cursiv' and tap on Options (on the Newton this is), it bri=
ngs=20
up the 'Letter Shapes' application.

Now, both apps LOOK IDENTICAL. The letters, their shapes, the text on the=
=20
screen - it's absolutely identical.

What is going on here? Is there Inkwell in the iPaq's PocketPC OS? Did Ap=
ple=20
sell out (traitors)? Did Micro$oft steal this from Apple (thieves, pirate=
s)?=20
Any explanations to this?

Best regards,
Chris

--=20
Network Grunt and Bit Pusher extraordinaire

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html