[NTLK] Connecting via AppleTalk for NCU

From: Chris Fava (chris_at_technotricity.com)
Date: Sun Dec 29 2002 - 01:14:30 EST

Forgive the ³newbie² nature of this email, I searched the archives for tips
on how to config AppleTalk for NCU.

Basically, Iım a bit stumped on how to set up my Newt to sync to NCU via
AppleTalk.

Hereıs my setup: I can use NCU in either Classic or when I boot from OS 9.
I prefer to use Classic. Iıve got a 3Com ethernet card (589D) which works
great for letting me access the internet with my Newt. (I have all the NIE
packages). AppleTalk is enabled in Network preferences of Mac OS X. Iıve
got a D-Link DI-604 router (donıt know if itıs AppleTalk compatible or not).

Now, if I want to use AppleTalk, can I keep my Newt connected to my router?
If so, what do I need to do next, step by step (on both Mac and Newt)?

OR, must I connect the Newt directly to my Macıs ethernet port?

I tried both of these but neither worked. Whenever I open Dock and choose
Connect via AppleTalk, then Connect to Other Computer, a message comes up
saying ³Looking for Mac OS computers...² and nothing else happens.

If anyone could help, thatıd be great. I can already use serial for NCU but
I thought knowing how to use AppleTalk would be handy too.

Thank you much!
Chris Fava

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html