Re: [NTLK] Newt Was Stolen!

From: Dave Christensen (dave_at_newrivergroup.com)
Date: Mon Dec 30 2002 - 16:50:49 EST

Any US Law Enforcement agency can enter your devices serial numbers into
NCIC, Nat'l Crime Info Ctr I think (I always use the abbreviation). If they
are stolen, some will also do it if it is lost. Then the serials can be
compared against pawn tickets or any other items recovered and then
hopefully reunited with you..

I do now know of any way for an average person to check NCIC if the item
they are purchasing is stolen/reappropriated.

-Dave

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html