Re: [NTLK] midi on the newt - MODPlayer code fork

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 05:00:04 EST

> And I don't think writing a native MIDI player for the Newton would be
> easy at all. Since the Newton has no built-in synth capabilities
> (besides

   Is Roger Milne of ModPlayer fame on this list? Could MODPlayer be
modified to provide MIDI support? Long ago, I looked into how the MOD
file structure was organized, and as I remember a lot of it is mostly
the same. MIDI is more complicated becuase it allows more channels (8
or more [?] vs 4) and I think that all notes in one channel of a MOD
file may have to be arranged together in the file (though I could be
wrong).

   Is there any provision in MODPlayer for inputing you own sample data
for instrument tones?

Jim

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html