Re: [NTLK] Basilisk help and Newton connectivity

From: Mike Kidd (mkidd_at_mrc.gm)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 06:39:38 EST

> OK, so I wasn't paying attention before...Anyway, I
> just got Basilisk setup with a Quadra650 ROM and that
> wonderful disk image.
> I think I've set up my Mac side correctly, but I don't
> know...It's been a long-long time since I've done
> anything Mac related and am hitting a mental block.
>
> Essentially what I would like to do is make a
> connection to my Newt (settings in Mac and Newt) via
> NCU and backup my Newt to my new Mac emulated machine.

Before starting Basilisk, go to the "Ports" tab in BasiliskIIGUI and set the
modem port to COM1 to redirect the serial data there. Then just connect up
the Newt with the 8-pin DIN -> PC cable to the COM port, fire up NCU which
Victor has provided for you in the MacOS 7.5.5 disk image, set the pref
there and off you go with docking and backing up. Should be as easy as
that...

> Also, is there anyway I can see my Windows drives as
> perhaps network shares under the Mac emulation? I'ld
> like to be able to swap files between the machines.

There's a tab in the preferences of BasiliskIIGUI called "My Computer" with
a tick-box to provide access to your Windoze drives. Works for me on all
local drives and our work ethernet.

Mike