Re: [NTLK] Why Can't I Connect in X?

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 00:57:44 EST

Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 17:15:08 -0600
From: Philip Katz <pkatt_at_mac.com>

>I just got an ethernet card. I installed it and set up my iBook. If I boot
>up into OS 9 I can connect fine, but as soon as I try in Classic, it says it
>can't find the computer. Any suggestions?

Maybe the name of the computer doesn't match and Classic uses the
name of the MacOS X host. Go to system prefs, then, umm, it should be
share or something and set the name of your computer.
Or ask your Newton to look up for computers around (Choose other
computer) and see if it can find your mac.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/