Re: [NTLK] Why Can't I Connect in X?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 23:24:44 EST

on 03/02/02 00:57, Paul Guyot at pguyot_at_kallisys.net wrote:

> Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 17:15:08 -0600
> From: Philip Katz <pkatt_at_mac.com>
>
>> I just got an ethernet card. I installed it and set up my iBook. If I boot
>> up into OS 9 I can connect fine, but as soon as I try in Classic, it says it
>> can't find the computer. Any suggestions?
>
> Maybe the name of the computer doesn't match and Classic uses the
> name of the MacOS X host. Go to system prefs, then, umm, it should be
> share or something and set the name of your computer.
> Or ask your Newton to look up for computers around (Choose other
> computer) and see if it can find your mac.

That's probably it. AppleTalk over Ethernet (or EtherTalk) works fine in
Classic under OS X.

-Laurent.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -Rich Cook