Re: [NTLK] Keyspan serial adapter and OS X

From: mark d smith (markds_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 10:17:02 EST

> Need some advice.
>
> Just purchased a new iMac and loaded the driver for my Keyspan Serial
> Adapter, with which I use to connect my 130. For some reason,
> Network recognizes the device but the Keyspan Manager (OS 9) can
> find it. Now, I had the thing running swell under OS 9.x and it
> worked fine when I upgraded the old iMac to OS X.1. Should I try
> how I could get my Serial Adapter working with the iMac again?
>
> Appreciate any ideas.

A bit late on this but and I am not sure exactly what you are trying to
achieve or if this will help but...

...I have the adapter and OSX 10.1.2 and it works with NCU:

In OS 9.2 AND Classic under OS X but not in OS X - if ONLY the OS 9
drivers are installed or

In OS X but not in OS 9 OR Classic - if ONLY the OS X .kext is installed or

Nowhere if both the OS 9 software and the OS X .kext are installed.

This caught me out at first when I had both the OS 9 drivers and the OS
X .kext installed. The device was recognized (as I think it always will
be when its on the USB bus ?) but it didn't work.

mark.