Re: [NTLK] multiple disk basilisk install?

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 21:41:14 EST

>I am trying to install a copy of Claris Organizer 2.0 that I found on
>UNNA - it is a 3 disk install. I am installing it under Basilisk II and
>it keeps asking me for Disk 2. I have tried to copy all of the files to
>one directory, and tried installing from floppy disks - with no luck!
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Brent

Don't recall if a recent enough version of DiskCopy that lets you mount
it's files as if they are disk drives will work under Basilisk, but if so
and the stuff you have are disk copy images, mount them all at the same
time (just double click the 3 disk image files) then run the installer.

Another thing to try would be to copy EACH disk to a folder on your hard
disk. DO NOT change the name. DO NOT move files. Just drag the
diskette icon into the WINDOW of your hard disk and let it make a folder
with the same name as the disk. Then try running the installer. This
used to work to let people put installers on a file server so you didn't
have to haul diskettes around to every machine.

 - Bill Davis