Re: [NTLK] Was the iWalk Real? Maybe it should be called iPad

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 23:35:39 EST

Well, it's kinda pointless...I mean, if Apple wanted a
device out today that ran the Palm OS, well...the Palm
OS hasn't had a significant upgrade since it was
developed how many years ago?
So, if they were manufacturing a "Palm based" PDA,
they would want to use the latest and greatest Palm OS
which isn't due out until 2003, and I don't think that
Palm will let Apple beat them to the punch, so they
probably won't lisence this new OS until quite a ways
into the release year...so, logically I can't see
Apple releasing a Palm based PDA any time within the
next two years! I mean, that is if they want to do
something astonishing...but here's food for
thought...Palm purchased BEOS. Apple didn't want BEOS
when it was offered to them, think they'll take it in
a Palm OS design?
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

(http://www.oeyvind.org/board/zboard.php?id=MacOSX&no=111)

> The industry story suggests that Apple may have
> contracted Invectec
> Appliances, maker of the iPod, to manufacture the
> iPad, a convergence of
> the iPod and a PDA, which will apparently run the
> Palm OS. The iPad
> allegedly will remain an MP3 player, but will assume
> PDA functions as
> well.
>
> http://www.insanely-great.com/news/01/1481.html
>
> The loose lips at Taiwan have been right before.

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -