Re: [NTLK] Shelf-life of 2x00 Newton rec.

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 03:15:41 EST

>On 2/10/02 @ 17:00, Chris Searles wrote:
>
>By "drain, charge, drain, charge" I assume you mean
>running the battery completely down in the Newton and
>then recharging. But how? By leaving the Newton on
>until the battery runs out or do I have to use an extra
>recharging device for this purpose?
>
>Thanks as always for your wise advice,

Just leave the Newt on. Of course things like using Ethernet and modem
cards will speed this process. And of course leaving the Backlight on,
however, doing this will decrease the life of the backlight.

I tend to ignore the first couple of low battery warnings and keep
discharging. While some on the list differ in this regard, I've never
had a problem doing this.

Once the battery is completely discharged, I do a full recharge using the
appropriate recharger.

Usually after 3 or 4 cycles like this I see a marked improvement in the
battery life.

Sushi