[NTLK] Good Lord, just stop

From: SlashDevNull (slashdevnull_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 22:33:01 EST

Salutations,

  Jeez people. Just stop responding.

  If you see an email that is stupid/bigoted/off
topic/racist/fattening/anything just don't respond.

  Sure people post some stupid stuff.

  Some posts I agree with.

  Some I don't.

  Some make good points, most don't.

  Some are correct, most are just wrong.

  And of course we have the 'It is everyone's right to have their viewpoint'
people that try to calm everyone down.

  But if an email pisses you off, it is NOT your job/duty/obligation to
respond.

  Just ignore it and it will go away.

  Nobody appointed ANYONE here to be the one person to stand up for anything
they disagree with in this newsgroup.

  If someone writes an email that is off-topic and is meant to flame, if we
all ignore it then it stays at one post.

  and eventually that person will go trolling on another mailing list.

  Flame/argue/respond/judge to the sender of the message.

  I would not give a tiny rat's ass about any of your viewpoints in this
mailing list.

  Of course Apple/OS X/handhelds/other computer companies is an off topic
subject that many of us will tolerate or encourage mailing list replies.

Cheers,
David