Re: [NTLK] Bible on Newt [was NIV]

From: Thomas Cherry (jceaser_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 10:12:43 EST

Wow, I did not think you could own the "word", but if NIV was not the word
of god then I guess a person could own it. Now, I don't go to church my
self, but I always thought bible thumpers encouraged spreading the message.

More to the point, I think that if you do own a copy of a work in format A,
then you can make a copy of it in format B, so long as you don't use A and B
at the same time. However, there has never been a definitive answer on
this. See the LOTR thread of 2001 (or was that this year). We beat this
issue to death there (or if you like stoned it).