Re: [NTLK] Bible on Newt [was NIV]

From: Paul Nuernberger (newton_at_thenuernbergers.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 10:52:35 EST

Actually, since 'the word' is written in languages other than English (or
French, German, etc.) it isn't about that.

The copyright is on the particular translation. Open *any* bible and you
will find that a particular organization (usually some church-related body)
owns the copyright to that translation - not the original words themselves,
or even 'the word' as a whole.

Paul Nuernberger