Re: [NTLK] Debating 32MB purchase

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 17:56:28 EST

> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:30:00 -0500
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Debating 32MB purchase
> From: Marcy <marcy_at_marcycom.com>
>
>> ... avoid that one surefire method of killing
>> high capacity memory cards...hard resetting of the
>> Newt with the card installed...
>> Ed
>
> Huh? You mean everytime I have to do a reset (pushing the reset button on
> the back of my 2100) is being hard on the card? How should I do it?

A "real" hard reset of the Newt might be fatal for your card.
I had some inconvenience with a 20MB card I once had, it would not forgive
you if you kept it in the slot during a normal reset, sometimes one had to
wipe it clean afterwards.
I did not have this experience with any smaller cards, but I now use
cradeject to unmount my cards & take them out whenever I have to reset.
There is nothing like loosing Lextionary in the middle of the day... :/

Oliver :)

--
I cried because I had no Titanium G4, then I met a person who used Windows.