Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 18:32:45 EST

Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com) wrote:

> However, just because OS X is not that quantum leap we are waiting for,
> does not mean it lacks value. In my opinion, it IS a step forward for
> the Mac platform... albeit a small one.

I don't think so. The classic Mac OS had its issues, but Mac OS X fails
to address those, except that it offers preemptive multitasking and
memory protection, like any modern OS does. And it does this by adopting
the legacies of another, even older OS. At the same time Mac OS X does
away with a lot of classic features that were quite useful, without
offering any replacement. In my opinion, Mac OS X doesn't lead anywhere.
I'm not quite ready to switch to Windows yet, but it's really just a
question of which OS sucks less now. Neither switching to Mac OS X nor to
Windows is something I'm looking forward to.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de