Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 19:53:24 EST

I think OS X resolves many issues. It offers far more robust networking,=20=

and compatibility with "foreign" networking systems. It finally does=20
away with the Chooser, replacing it with the Connect to Server... Finder=20=

menu and the Print Center. Column view is an excellent navigation=20
system, and the Dock is great for me to keep my most used files at=20
immediate ready. The control strip was a UI aberration... it has been=20
replaced with more UI-consistent elements. The Control Panels were=20
consolidated and organized. Extensions were finally done away with. The=20=

toolbar is a very useful UI feature in many applications. Sheets (to=20
replace Open/Save dialogs) stay with the window they belong to. The OS=20=

adds depth of perception with shadows and transparencies. And don't=20
underestimate protected memory... I love it when an my beta chat program=20=

goes down and I don't loose my Word Processing document. Preemptive=20
multitasking, too, is often underestimated. I hate using OS 9 now,=20
because I can only do one real task at a time, as opposed to OS X.

What OS 9, features is it lacking, aside from spring-loaded folders,=20
which are coming in 10.2?

sj