Re: [NTLK] OSX - OT

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 13:02:58 EST

Jim Hill (jimhill_at_swcp.com) wrote:

> and please, God, please let the users be the types of people who
> think that a computer should be turned off every night so that the
> system can get a fresh start the next morning.

My Macs run 24/7 under Mac OS 9.2 and rarely crash. When they crash, it's
for a reason and not just because they got bored or tired or the OS was
leaking memory.

> For 30 years, Unix has been polished and enhanced.

Same with Mac OS, just not for 30 years.

> For not quite 20 years the Mac OS has become increasingly incapable of
> handling the new demands placed on it.

Unix is not an OS tailored for a personal computer, and it shows. It was
never meant to be configured and controlled by ordinary users. Neither
was it meant to be hidden under a GUI, which shows as well.

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de
WWW: http://michael-hussmann.de