Re: [NTLK] Newton vs. Pocket PC 2002 (aka WindowsCE 3.0)

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 09:35:09 EST

In a message dated Wed, 13 Feb 2002 8:55:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, Apostolos Koutropoulos <AdmiralAK_at_yahoo.com> writes:

> On 2/13/02 2:09, "Bill Davis" at <newton_at_ecity.net> Wrote:
>
> =20
> I bought an iPaq 3870 as a more portable companion to my newton (when I am
> not even carrying a backpack when I travel) -- I am a technology addict wha=
> can I say.

I have a Compaq IPaq 3650, upgraded to PocketPC 2002. I love the fact that I can move standard files to and from the device without problem. I love the bright screen. I love that I can put a CF Card or a PC Card in the device of ANY size.
I hate the fact that HWR is not integrated as well as in the Newton. It is klunky. I hate the screen size - too small to be truely usable (like the Palm).

Bottom line - I am carrying around my Newton again. Who'd have thunk it? ;-)

Tom