[NTLK] iTunes to Newton connectivity in Classic under X

From: Rolf Brakvatne (rbrak29_at_qwest.net)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 20:57:59 EST

Please forgive me if this topic has been covered before.

What kind of connectivity are people using to connect the Newton to
iTunes 2.0 running under Classic?
The plugin works fine (launching Dock and iTunes requires some timing)
running native in MacOS 9.2 using straight serial connection.
The same serial connection does not seem to work in Classic under X
(Wallstreet Powerbook). I know X has limited (if not nonexistent)
support for serial connections.
Would a Keyspan Serial/USB adapter work (use a MacAlly USB card on the
Wallstreet) or would ethernet connection work?

RB