Re: [NTLK] Quicktake was MP 100 and Uconnect

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 14:42:41 EST

À (At) 11:42 -0500 20/02/02, Stephanie Maks écrivait (wrote) :
>Even if the ATA support worked with SmartMedia cards, that is only half the
>battle.

Duh. I thought it worked with smart media cards. At least, I'm sure
some users reported that it worked with some of them.

>Then you need the Newton to support FAT volumes on the SmartMedia
>card, and I don't think FAT support is in version 1 of ATA.

Basically, it will very probably be in version 2 of ATA Support if
ever there is a version 2.

>Once you could mount and view a FAT volume, of course, then you just
>need a bit of software that lets you view JPG files.

This is the easy part, considering that there is Newt's Cape JPG
viewer already. Or I could port the jpeg library.

I personally don't consider making support for FAT volumes without
providing accessors within Newton applications (i.e. letting you
import/export notes, works document and so on, and of course this
includes jpeg pictures and mp3 songs).

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/