[NTLK] Re-Format Compact Flash: going back to FAT16

From: Calvin Grier (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 16:34:32 EST

I'm wondering if someone can help me with a little Compact Flash problem.

I've got a 15MB card that I formatted with Paul Guyot's ATA utility. It
worked OK, in the Newton, but I'm in a pinch, and need to use it on a
digital camera I have. (The CF card fits nicely in my Newton with a PCMCIA
adapter.)

My problem is re-formatting the thing to work with my camera. The camera
doesn't know how to format cards, and my PC can't seem to recognize more
that 8.12MB of the space available on the card. I don't have the option to
pick a larger size when formatting it.

Can anyone help?