Re: [NTLK] Re-Format Compact Flash: going back to FAT16

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 16:04:46 EST

From: "Calvin Grier" <cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:34:32 -0500

>I'm wondering if someone can help me with a little Compact Flash problem.
>
>I've got a 15MB card that I formatted with Paul Guyot's ATA utility. It
>worked OK, in the Newton, but I'm in a pinch, and need to use it on a
>digital camera I have. (The CF card fits nicely in my Newton with a PCMCIA
>adapter.)
>
>My problem is re-formatting the thing to work with my camera. The camera
>doesn't know how to format cards, and my PC can't seem to recognize more
>that 8.12MB of the space available on the card. I don't have the option to
>pick a larger size when formatting it.
>
>Can anyone help?

Did you solve the problem yet?
Otherwise, I'll add an option in RC1 so you can reformat the card
with a full size FAT16 partition. Of course, I won't write the
directory, just the MBR, so it might not be a solution.
I'm surprised that your laptop cannot format the card properly.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/
Newton-powered WebServer: http://newt.dyndns.org:8080/