Re: [NTLK] Crack repair for newton case plastic?

From: speedy2 (speedy2_at_dag.net)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 17:13:18 EST

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, William R. Dickson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My 2100 arrived in very good shape, but there is one small crack in the
> case right by the stylus socket. Is there any kind of plastic cement
> that'll work to sort of weld that together?

Use a two-can epoxy. Something like JB Weld will work nicely since the
dark color is very close to the green Newton. I've used JB Weld on a green
HP48G(+++) calculator and the JB Weld doesn't look too bad.

Do NOT use something like crazy glue/CA (cyanoacrylate) as that actually
melts plastic to make a bond. If you mess up when using crazy glue, you're
hosed, with epoxy you can sand it or break it off and even paint it.

Thanks,
Speedy2.