Re: [NTLK] Newton X10 controller?

From: Bruce Cameron (bcameron_at_lis2000.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 00:17:56 EST

Rui Curveira wrote

>It would be cool if I could use my MP100 as an X10 controller!

Not sure if an MP100 would work, but any Newt that supports a browser
and can connect over Ethernet, either wired or wireless should be able
to, via a Mac only home automation program called Xtension
<http://www.shed.com> and a user developed add-in called X2web which
lets you issue instructions to Xtension to control selected X10 devices
by clicking in a web browser. What's really neat is that Xtension can
run on any Mac that supports AppleScript; from a Mac Plus to a Dual G4.
If you have broadband at home, you can even control your system from
anywhere on the web. Use your Newt for a dial up connection wherever
you are and make sure that the coffeepot IS turned off.

Bruce