Re: [NTLK] Heaven or Hell

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 15:55:08 EST

From: "Filmer, Paul E." <pfilmer_at_nsf.gov>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:49:40 -0500

>On reset, I now immediately go into hell, and it never finishes booting -
>frozen out again. So I tried extensions-off, but I can't tease the window
>into coming up, it simply goes right into extensions-on as soon as I lift
>the pen. Dare I simply remove the card, and risk corrupting it?

If you remove the card while the Newton is rebooting it's exactly as
harmful as rebooting.

>Well, I tried that, and was faced with lots of floater windows with no text
>or visible dismissal buttons (but which were obviously there, since I could
>get rid of them)

Well, you should have remove the battery, then the card, and put the
battery on. Wait until it booted, then hold the pen in the proper
position and insert the card, say no, and voilą.

>End result: 64 Mb of free memory on my cards. One Newt in pristine state,
>no data or packages to be seen anywhere.

Pfffiou. Sorry to hear that.

Heaven or Hell works like a charm for me.

Paul

--
Looking for time. Please make an offer. Serious sellers only.
No need to ask, I won't trade my soul, I don't have any.