Re: [NTLK] NCU and MacOS X

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 05:37:44 EST

>>On 04-01-2002 @ 7:53, Jim Richter wrote:
>>
>>NCU works great through Ethernet, but it also runs great
>>(albeit slowly) through serial with the Classic part of
>>OSX. Although Ethernet is great, I sync most of the
>>time for little things with a Keyspan dual serial/USB
>>adapter without a problem.
>
>On 1/4/02 @ 7:12 PM, Robert Benschop wrote:
>
>Eh, why ? Because you like slow connections or you relish
>the thrill that you might kill he serial connector on your
>Newt someday ?(or do you have the donglekiller ?)

I used to do the same.

I could connect my Newt via serial and backup two cards at the same time,
plus the internal store. I connect before going to bed, and in the
morning, voila, it's done. I didn't care that it took a while to do -- I
was sleeping.

Now I have more than two cards (4, 16x2 and 32) to back up, so I have to
swap them so Ethernet is a much better solution. That plus I've gotten
spoiled with the speed of Ethernet.

Sushi