Re: [NTLK] [ot] iwalk and other speculation

From: Mark Ross (markross13_at_home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 15:05:05 EST

>Actually, Pixar is Disney's competitor and their projects, i.e. Toy
>Story they didn't do with but in competition to Disney.
>
>For example the "Antz" movie was in direct competition to "Bug's life"
>and now there is "Shrek" versus "Monsters" IIRC.
>
>It would be very surprising if Apple bought Disney (unlikely they got
>enough money to do so anyway) or Disney buying Apple. What you might
>have overheard though could be Disney shopping for technology to stay
>competitive (they are perceived to be behind Pixar technology wise) or
>perhaps its about a Disney QuickTime TV channel or something like that.

>rgds
>bk

I believe you have this completely backwards. Disney and Pixar work
together like hand in glove on computer animiated features. Toy Story I
and II as well as A Bug's Life and the more recent Monsters Inc are all
listed as "Disney movies from Pixar Animation Studios". The other films
such as ANTZ and Shrek come from SKG studios, an entirely different
outfit.

It is quite possible that Disney and Apple have something cooked up
because Jobs and Eisner have a close working relationship from Pixar.

Mark Ross
markross13_at_home.com